You know the phrase, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know,” right? Well, it’s also about knowing where to look to find a job. There are jobs in Michigan, here’s how to find them:
- Post your resume and search for jobs on Pure Michigan Talent Connect, an online marketplace connecting Michigan's career seekers and employers.
- Engage in networking both in person and online. Networking events help you develop relationships with talent seekers, and virtual career fairs offer job seekers the ability to network from the convenience of their home or coffee shop.
- Learn to use social media as a tool in your job search. Make a LinkedIn account, upload your resume and explain your skills. Chances are, someone in your network of friends and past colleagues will be looking for talent.
- Check the classifieds in the Lansing State Journal and tune in to the local media, such as Capital Gains, to monitor who’s hiring.
- Follow Capital Area Michigan Works! on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We share job leads, hiring events and career tips and tricks.